DayStar Ministries accesses a mixture of Temperament Therapy along with Prepare/Enrich to provide pre-marital counseling. Studies show that pre-marital counseling reduces the chance of divorce by up to 30%. After going through 5-6 sessions, you will have a clearer understanding of who you are and who is the individual that you want to spend the rest of your life with.
The package price for this is $395. This includes 2 APS reports along with the Prepare/Enrich assessment. Consideration will be made on an individual basis for low-income situations.
What is PREPARE/ENRICH?
PREPARE/ENRICH is a customized couple assessment completed online that identifies a couple's strength and growth areas. It is one of the most widely used programs for premarital counseling and premarital education. It is also used for marriage counseling, marriage enrichment, and dating couples considering engagement. Based on a couple's assessment results the facilitator helps the couple discuss and understand their results as they are taught proven relationship skills.
Over 3 Million Couples!
Over the last 30 years, the PREPARE/ENRICH relationship assessment has empowered and energized more than 3 million couples. PREPARE/ENRICH is the #1 relationship inventory and couples assessment tool.
What are the major goals of the PREPARE/ENRICH Program?
There are several goals of the PREPARE/ENRICH Program. In order to achieve these goals there are exercises designed to help couples improve their relationship skills. The program helps couples:
- Explore strength and growth areas
- Strengthen communication skills
- Identify and manage major stressors
- Resolve conflict using the Ten Step Model
- Develop a more balanced relationship
- Explore family of origin issues
- Discuss financial planning and budgeting
- Establish personal, couple and family goals
- Understand and appreciate personality differences
What relationship areas are assessed by the Inventory?
- 12 Relationship Scales -- communication, conflict resolution, roles, sexuality, finances, spiritual beliefs and more
- 5 SCOPE Personality Scales
- 4 Couple and Family Scales -- based on the Circumplex Model
- 4 Relationship Dynamic Scales
- 30 Customized Scales
Is the PREPARE/ENRICH Program valid & reliable?
An important strength of the PREPARE/ENRICH Inventory is their strong psychometric properties. High levels of reliability and validity have been found for each instrument, making them valuable tools for research as well as clinical use.
- National Norms based on over 500,000 couples
- High Levels of Validity and Reliability
PREPARE/ENRICH has validity in that it discriminates premarital couples that get divorced from those that are happily married with about 80-85% accuracy. Reliability is high (alpha reliability of .80 - .85).